Activities and Initiatives
Kyushu University Crisis Management Information Page
Policies and Manuals for Crisis Management and Disaster Response
Kyushu University has put in place disaster response regulations and manuals in preparation for major disasters and various other crises.
Kyushu University Safety Confirmation System
Kyushu University operates the ANPIC safety confirmation system to ensure that the safety confirmation process can be carried out promptly and without fail in the event of a major disaster or other crisis.
If an earthquake of intensity 5 upper or greater, or any other major disaster occurs in Fukuoka Prefecture or neighboring prefectures, this system will automatically send a mass email to the Primary Mail Service email addresses (for Students/Staff Members; students may also use email addresses registered with the Student Portal) of the university's students and faculty/staff members, asking them to confirm their safety.
If such an emergency occurs, please ensure your safety promptly and report your safety status to the university's headquarters.
When a major disaster occurs, it is likely that the University may not be able to contact you immediately due to delays in the email service. To be prepared for such a situation, please carry out the initial setup process (full registration) so that you can receive notices from and send reports to the safety confirmation system via the app and LINE on your smartphone or other communication device. If you usually use feature phone, please add its e-mail address to this system.
(This system may also be used to send mass emails for other purposes, such as sending out questionnaires for surveys targeting students and faculty/staff members.)
Inquires about the safety confirmation system
If you have any questions when registering with or using the safety confirmation system but are unable to find answers in any of the guides and materials listed above, you can send inquiries by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
When sending inquiries, please also provide us with information about the device you are using (including the versions of the OS and app on your personal computer, smartphone, etc.). Please note that it may take a few days to reply to your inquiry (we might need to forward your inquiry to the service provider, etc.)
Evacuation areas designated by the local government on Kyushu University campuses
Fukuoka City has designated the following sites on Kyushu University campuses as evacuation areas.
Ito Campus: Sports Field (Motooka 744, Nishi-ku, Fukuoka City)
No. 75 on the Ito Campus Map
Hospital Campus: Sports Field (3-1-1 Maidashi, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka City)
No. 38 on the Hospital Campus Map
Ohashi Campus: Sports Field (4-9-1 Shiobaru, Minami-ku, Fukuoka City)
No. 28 on the Ohashi Campus Map
Hakozaki Campus: Multipurpose Sports Field (6-19-1 Hakozaki, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka City)
No. 16 on the Hakozaki Campus Map
Evacuation areas designated by local governments
If you are unable to reach the university in the event of a major disaster, you should seek safety at evacuation areas designated by local governments. Please check the locations of evacuation areas near your home before any such event happens.
Disaster management websites run by the national and local governments
Please make the necessary preparations before disaster strikes, based on the disaster management information provided by the national and local governments.
If a major disaster occurs, please obtain disaster management information provided by the national and local governments and take prompt action to ensure your safety.
- Prime Minister's Office: Guide to Disaster Management [Japanese only]
- Cabinet Office: Disaster Management in Japan [English]
- Cabinet Secretariat: Civil Protection Portal Site [English]
- Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA) website [English]
- JMA Fukuoka Regional Headquarters website [Japanese only]
- Fukuoka Prefecture Disaster Prevention Information [Other languages]
- Fukuoka City Disaster Prevention Crisis Management Information [Other languages]
- Itoshima City Safety and Security Information [Japanese only]
Disaster management information services provided by local governments
Please make preparations to ensure that you can obtain the necessary information by accessing the disaster management information services provided by local governments.
- Fukuoka Prefecture: Mamoru-kun Disaster Prevention Email Service[Japanese only]
- Fukuoka City: Disaster Prevention Mailing List Registration [Japanese only]
- Fukuoka City: Emergency Warning (Area) Email [Japanese only]
- Itoshima City: Information Email [Japanese only]
- Itoshima City: Emergency Broadcast Line: 0120-315-470
You can call this line to listen to emergency broadcasts.
Official national and local government social media accounts that post helpful information in times of disaster
In the event of a disaster, you can obtain real-time disaster information quickly by accessing the following Twitter accounts (available only in Japanese).
- Prime Minister's Office (Disaster/Crisis Management Information) official account
- Cabinet Office (Disaster Management) official account
- Fire and Disaster Management Agency (FDMA), Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications (MIC), official account
- Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology (MEXT) official account
- Ministry of Health, Labour and Welfare (MHLW) official account
- Japan Meteorological Agency (JMA) official account
- Ministry of Defense (MOD) official account
- Tokyo Metropolitan Police Department (TMPD), Natural Disaster and Accident Rescue Division official account
- Japan Coast Guard (JCG) official account
- Fukuoka Prefecture official account
- Fukuoka City official account
- Itoshima City official account