About Kyushu University > History > History
 
 
History
 
   The history of Kyushu University dates back to 1903 when Fukuoka Medical College was established as the foundation of Kyushu Imperial University. (The college was legally attached to Kyoto Imperial University at that time.) In 1911,
   Kyushu Imperial University, along with the Colleges of Medicine and Engineering, were established.
Since then various reforms have been made to the higher education system in Japan, such as the introduction of a new educational format after World War II and the reorganization of national universities to University Corporations in 2004.
  The total number of students currently amounts to 18,588, while the faculty members number 2,186. International exchange programs are also greatly encouraged at Kyushu University. With this in mind, the university accepts many overseas students each year. At present there are more than 1,500 international students from about eighty countries studying here.
 
Top
 
  Sitemap