Hospital > Kyushu University Hospital
 
Kyushu University Hospital
 
Kyushu University Hospital South Ward (opened in 2002) and North Ward (opened in 2006)
 
 
   The main objectives of the Kyushu University Hospital are to provide advanced, integrated, and patient-centered health care services for the whole person, as well as to contribute to the training of doctors, dentists and other health care service staff in the 21st century.
   The Kyushu University Hospital was inaugurated in October, 2003, by integrating three hospitals in Kyushu University: The University Hospital attached to the Faculty of Medicine (Medical Hospital), University Dental Hospital attached to the Faculty of Dentistry (Dental Hospital), and the Hospital of the Medical Institute of Bioregulation (MIB Hospital).
   The foundations of the Medical Hospital date back to the beginning of 20th century. It was established in 1903 as a hospital attached to the Fukuoka Medical College of Kyoto Imperial University. It was later attached to the Medical College of Kyushu Imperial University in 1911. The Dental Hospital originated in 1922 and was founded in 1967 with the establishment of the Faculty of Dentistry. The MIB Hospital originated in 1931 and was founded in 1982 as a hospital attached to the Medical Institute of Bioregulation at Beppu, distant from the Katakasu
 
Campus. The MIB Hospital has now been reorganized into Advanced Medical Center at Beppu.
   A new hospital complex is under construction at Katakasu Campus. Two of the three new buildings were completed in 2001 and 2006, respectively, and two-third of the Medical Hospital has already moved into the new building. Another building will be finished in 2009. The Medical and Dental Hospitals have moved into the same building.
   At present there are 640 doctors, 251 dentists, 884 trained nurses and 582 related staff members working at the hospital. The hospital has 41 clinics with 1,415 beds. In 2005 the hospital served more than 425,956 in-patients and averaged 2,336 out-patients per day.
 
Director:
KUBO, Chiharu M.D., Ph.D., Professor
Associate Directors:
HIGUCHI,Yoshinori D.D.S., Ph.D., Professor
HARA, Toshiro M.D., Ph.D., Professor
IWAMOTO, Yukihide M.D., Ph.D., Professor
TOMINAGA, Ryuji M.D.,Ph.D., Professor
NISHIMURA, Junji M.D., Ph.D., Professor
 
Dental treatment room
 
3-1-1 Maidashi, Higashi-ku, Fukuoka, 812-8582
TEL +81-92-642-5005
FAX +81-92-642-5008
http://www.med.kyushu-u.ac.jp/hosp/index-e.html
 
ATTACHED TO THE SCHOOL OF MEDICINE, THE SCHOOL OF DENTISTRY AND THE MEDICAL INSTITUTE OF BIOREGULATION
 
Top
 
  Sitemap