Post date: 2020.08.21
Global Goals Jam Fukuoka x Kyoto Online 2020
Others Off Campus Applications open
What can design do for social issues?
What can design do for the SDGs?
Two-day online jam that tackles sustainability from a global perspective and generates ideas for solving local issues.
|Target||General, High school students, Current students and staff, Others|
|Dates||2020.09.19 [Sat] 09:00 – 2020.09.20 [Sun] 18:00|
|Seating capacity||30 people, lottery if exceeded|
|Participation fee||Free of charge|
〈Date and Time〉
Sep 19th (Fri) and 20th (Sun)
Both are from 9:00 to 18:00
*All sprints will be done online
［2］ SPRINT 1｜Explore it!
［3］ Middle Presentation
［4］ SPRINT 2｜Respond to it!
［1］ Morning Session
［2］ SPRINT 3｜Make it!
［3］ SPRINT 4｜Share it!
［4］ Final Presentation
［5］ Closing Session
〈Recommended for People〉
- Who are interested in the SDGs and want to take action
- Who are interested in the sustainability of Fukuoka and Kyoto
- Who are interested in and committed to solving creative social problems.
- Who want to apply their expertise to social issues
- Who want to be able to talk about the issues happening in the world in their own words, and those who want to make it their own
- Who want to take creative action on education and environmental issues
- Who are interested in online design methods and design sprinting techniques
- Who want to make the output of a workshop or idea-thon not just an idea, but a reality
- Who are working on SDGs and social issues as part of their jobs
- Who are working on SDGs and social issues
〈Conditions of Participation〉
- Must be able to attend the entire 2-day program. (Don't worry if you have family or people around while you work. e.g. children and babies are part of our future!)
- Having one or more of the following skills is an advantage:
- Graphic design, sketching, copy writing, video editing, photography, crafting, digital fabrication, field research, product design, sound design, web production, programming, design thinking, planning, etc.
- Proficiency in English is not required, but the ability to write in English is welcome.
*This workshop will use Zoom and Miro as online communication tools.
*Happy with us using recordings (photos or videos) for the purposes of sharing and research.
*Please let us know if you need support in case you need it.
SDGs Design Unit, Faculty of Design, Kyushu University
(Please replace ★ with @)
Cohosts：Kyushu University Faculty of Design, FabCafe Kyoto / MTRL KYOTO, Kyoto Sangyo University s.ito.lab
Supported by:Fukuoka City, United Nations Human Settlements Programme Regional Office for Asia and the Pacific - Fukuoka
Advanced registration required|
2020.08.20 [Thu] – 2020.09.18 [Fri]
|Publishing period||2020.08.21 [Fri] – 2020.09.21 [Mon]|