(by June 10)[MEXT]Emergency Student Support Handout
Release date: 2020.06.02
In response to the recent events of COVID-19, the Government has established an Emergency Student Support Handout payment for students with part-time jobs.
This project is intended to provide urgent support for those students who are faced with difficulties in carrying out their student life, due to a decrease in their (part-time job) income.
If you wish to apply for the student support handout, please check the, "Emergency Student Support Handout" Application Guide. Details provided below.
1) Emergency Student Support Handout for Continuing Studies: Application Guide
2) Handout Amount
200,000 yen for students in households exempt from residence tax.
100,000 yen for other students that do not full under the 200,000 yen criteria.
3) Application Period
June 1, 2020 (Mon) to June 10, 2020 (Wed)
4) How to Apply
Those who meet the requirements (1) to (6) in the “Application Guide” (P5) (Japanese students, etc.) can apply using either ①or ②.
Those who meet the requirements (1) to (5) and (7) of the "Application Guide" (P5) (International Students, etc.) should apply using the method ② (application by email).
① Applying via Smartphone
Please access the address below and fill in the required items and upload required documents by June 10 (Friday).
https://youtu.be/I1n5tiDzQx4 (guidance video)
* Please upload as many documents as you need, even if they are optional.
In addition, if you are not a student belonging to the Japan Student Services Organization Scholarship category I, and are certifying a tax-exempt household, please be sure to submit the Resident Tax Exemption Certificate for yourself and your guardian, etc. If you are unable to submit due to unavoidable circumstances, please provide details under item "3. Items to Submit" of Form 1.
② Application by Email
Please create the following [Form 1] and [Form 2] and send them to the submission address by June 10 (Wednesday). In addition, please be sure to use your student e-mail address (the address with the domain "@ s.kyushu-u.ac.jp") when sending your application via email.
[Form 1] Application for Emergency Student Support Handout, “Specifically made for Kyushu University Students”. .
[Form 2]Oath Concerning Requirements for receiving the Emergency Student Support Handout, “Specifically made for Kyushu University Students”. Here
*ATTENTION: Please be sure to use the specific Form provided by Kyushu University. NOT the Form provided by MEXT.
(Submission Address: Japanese Students) firstname.lastname@example.org
(Submission Address: International Students) email@example.com
* Please include your Student Number and Name in the main text of the email.
Example) 1AA00000A_Taro Kyudai
* Email address above are strictly for submitting applications. For inquiries, please use the inquiry form below.
* Please send as many documents as you need, even if they are optional.In addition, if you are a student belonging to a different category than the Japan Student Services Organization Scholarship Category I, and are certifying a tax-exempt household, please be sure to submit the Resident Tax Exemption Certificate for yourself and your guardian, etc. If you cannot submit it due to unavoidable circumstances, please provide details in Form 1, “3. Items to Submit”.
5) Recipient Eligibility
Independent students who pay school expenses through their part-time jobs, etc. and were heavily effected (decreased income) by the COVID-19 are looked at for eligibility.Final decisions are made by the University based on the application details.
6) Notification of Payment Status
In an event that you are selected for the support handout, the funds will be transferred directly to your bank account by the Japan Student Services Organization. Please note that notifications for selection and fund transfers will not be provided. (Date/Time TBD)
Student Affairs Department・International Affairs Department
Emergency Student Support Handout Inquiry Form https://forms.gle/E3zovjGLqrMDmzUf7