Activities and Initiatives
QS-APPLE is one of several annual conferences organized by QS. The official name is QS Asia-Pacific Professional Leaders in Education. Quacquarelli Symonds (QS) is a leading university evaluation institution based in the UK.
Purpose of the event
Discuss the latest topics related to higher education, share issues and good practices, promote international networks, and cultivate partnerships.
Mainly higher-education officials in the Asia-Pacific region (vice-president-class officials, management officers in international and public relations departments, practical personnel).
In addition to keynote lectures and debates by prominent researchers and government officials, parallel sessions regarding the themes below will be held.
1) Internationalizing the student body
2) Promoting the global employability of graduates
3) Internationalizing the faculty
4) Enhancing the global impact of research
5) Building a global university brand
1) Dissemination of the current status of internationalization to the world
- Improved evaluation & trust
- Showcasing of achieve ments of the Top Global University Project
2) Stronger cooperation with overseas universities on
- Joint research
- Student exchange programs
- Strategic partnerships
3) Increased presence of Japan, Kyushu, and the international city of Fukuoka
- Enhanced awareness among overseas university officials of Japan’s attractiveness
- Larger number of international conferences held in Fukuoka
TOP GLOBAL UNIVERSITY JAPAN