1st Kyushu University Global Advisory Board Meeting.
On March 29, 2017, the 1st Kyushu University Global Advisory Board meeting was held at Shiiki Auditorium large conference room, Ito Campus.
The Global Advisory Board meeting has been established with the aim of receiving opinions from international experts outside the university on internationalization and governance reform of our university.
In the board meeting, President Chiharu Kubo explained the current situation of the university and Kazuo Ogata (Senior Vice President＆Manager of SHARE Office) presented the Top Global University project (SHARE-Q) .
Opinions were exchanged among board members, President, and Executive vice Presidents on the following four discussion topics: "governance reform," "internationalization of education," "internationalization of research" and" reputation management."
The board members expressed their opinions on the necessity of "many faculty members including young member’s to gain overseas experience", "improving university’s reputation", "conducting external evaluation," and "improving human resources diversity". In addition to opinions in the discussion, we received opinions of expectations for the School of Interdisciplinary Science and Innovation newly established in 2018. Kyushu University plans to host the second meeting in FY 2017.
We have the following five Global Advisory Board Members.
- Robert Campbell (Former Professor, Graduate school of Arts and Sciences, University of Tokyo)
- Monte Cassim (Professor and President, Ritsumeikan Asia University, Vice Chancellor, Ritsumeikan Trust)
- Richard B.Dasher, PhD. (Director, US-Asia Technology Management Center, Standford University)
- Dr. Robert Huang (Director, ThreePro Group, Inc)
- Ian Neary (Professor, Nissan Institute of Japanese Studies, University of Oxford)
1st Floor of Center Zone 3, 744 Motooka, Nishi-ku,
Please replace ★ with @